Well here we are on day 47 of the construction process! Framing is nearly complete and car decking has been installed on the second floor. Something about seeing a space for doors, windows, and an honest to goodness roof really makes it look like a real house, doesn't it? Be sure to follow us on Instagram to see daily photos of our progress!
More Backyard Treasures
After sharing our last post about the origins of the mysterious items we unearthed during the demolition process, many residents of the Ballard area shared their own stories of discovering backyard treasure with us over on or local neighborhood message board. Some of these are just too cool not to share with you. We won't name names (or locations!) but items of note include:
- Lots and lots (and lots) of glass bottles.
- A jar of mustard plaster or "Musterole" for coughs and colds.
- A jar of marbles.
- A jar of money!
- Part of an old gravestone.
- Peanut shells.
- A giant bone and a piece of a clawfoot bathtub.
- A bottle of whiskey and a newspaper from 1947 discovered inside a wall during renovation.
One young neighbor has requested to investigate our yard with his new metal detector, so we'll see if he finds even more interesting items beneath the surface. We'll report back soon!