Every day is Labor Day in our backyard! Today we're taking a break to catch you up on all of our progress. If all goes well, Elyse and Meredith will be official Ballard residents sometime in October. Now is the time for lots of rapid change, lots of transformation, and lots of downsizing.
Lately, there have been field trips for lighting, cabinets and appliances. We picked oak for the kitchen counter after much back and forth about granite versus quartz. The appliances have been ordered from Albert Lee (it just so happens that not everyone sells 24-inch stoves and refrigerators). Joe even moved a wall to help fit Elyse’s precious antique table into the kitchen nook. A trip to Rejuvenation was very productive, and we wound up ordering all of the lightning for both floors in one jam-packed afternoon! Here's a summary of what we’ve been up to in the last three weeks.
- The bathroom is in progress and tile has been selected for the bathroom floor, shower and wall.
- All doors have arrived and will be installed soon.
- Window, door, and base trim are being installed along with wainscoting.
- Stair materials have been ordered and are on their way.
- Duct work and vents have been installed.
- Fans have been installed in both bathrooms (did you know? we'll have a powder room and washer dryer set on the first floor and full bathroom on the second floor).
The painter has given his official estimate and painting will begin on both the cottage and the main house next week. If you follow us on Instagram, you already know that we're planning on painting both houses a very nice blue with white trim, tying everything together with a yellow door for Meredith and Elyse and a red door for Drew and Jacob. More to come soon!